Frameless Cabinet Construction
At Wellsford, we understand that purchasing custom cabinetry is an investment in your home and may also be a once in a lifetime experience. One of the most important decisions when selecting a cabinet style is choosing the quality cabinet construction that appeals to the homeowner’s style and aligns with the look and feel of the home.
Frameless cabinets showcase the clean lines in contemporary and transitional design styles, allowing the cabinets to have a seamless look. There is no face frame. The doors overlap the cabinet box almost entirely (hence the term full overlay), giving the cabinets a door-to-door-to-door appearance by having minimal spacing between the doors and drawer heads.
- Box Construction: Custom built in USA to design specific sizes and features with North American Furniture Grade Plywood, wood joinery, wood dowels spaced every 5”, and wood glue (no hot melt glues are used)
- Cabinet Sides, Floors, and Tops: 3/4” plywood
- Full-Height Cabinet Back: 1/2” captive in wood joinery with 1/2” removable ledger (1” total thickness at rails)
- Rails: 3/4” x 3-3/4” wide stringers for added strength and stability
- Premium Drawer box: 5/8” 4-sided dovetail box with ¼” or 3/8” captured plywood bottoms, smooth sanded joinery, 1/8” rounded edges with natural clear coat finish after construction
- Full-Extension, Soft-Close Drawer Glides: Blum undermounted glide
- Soft-Close Hinges: Blum concealed soft-close, six-way adjustable hinge that is zero-clearance
- True Flush Finished Sides: 3/4” with no visible joint along with multiple decorative side options
- Shelves: Adjustable 3/4” veneer core plywood with wood edge banding
- Toe Kick: 1/2” or 3/4” plywood and extends up to support cabinet floor
- Wall Cabinets: 13” inches deep plywood construction with finished bottoms to match doors
- Wellsford Finishing: A detailed multi-step finishing process completed with a catalyzed conversion varnish top coat to seal the finish and enhances the colors, adding durability and sheen.
Quality is in the details
These details are often not discussed because they are not as exciting as selecting a door style, or finish color. However, they are vital to knowing that your cabinetry investment is being made towards a product that will enhance your home and avoid maintenance issues.
We take pride in Wellsford’s engineering and cabinet construction methods to ensure that our custom cabinetry will live up to the lifetime warranty. Contact your Wellsford Dealer to determine if framed or frameless cabinet construction is right for your project.