Wellsford’s Elevated Standard
in Custom Cabinetry
In 1980, Wellsford began with one mission, to offer a high standard in custom cabinetry.
Our master craftspeople pride themselves in building high-quality, handcrafted cabinetry that can be seen and felt due to the selection of superior materials, proven construction methods, and expertly hand-applied finishing process.
Ultimately, our custom cabinetry is manufactured to withstand the demands of everyday use. That is why in our line of business, every detail matters!
We only select high-quality materials and products that provide long-term durability, easy installation, and on-trend design offerings.
- All cabinets are available in 1/2” or 3/4” North American Furniture Grade A-1 Plywood.
- We specialize in selecting the appropriate core and panel type to provide a superior finish and long-term durability.
- Architectural millwork molding and trim are cut from species-specific, made-in-the-USA solid wood.
- We offer a curated line of cabinet door styles in Classic Wood and Alternative Materials with mortise and tenon or mitered door and drawer fronts.
- We offer doors in ¾” or 1” thick styles.
- Accent doors are available with a variety of mullion design options.
- Custom door designs are also available.
- All materials receive the Wellsford multi-step application of stains and finishes process.
The detailed construction methods we utilize highlight our “elevated standard” offering in custom cabinetry.
- Wall cabinets are 13” inches deep as a standard.
- Wall cabinets with plywood construction come standard with finished bottoms to match the doors.
- Frameless cabinetry comes standard with ¾” case construction.
- Framed cabinetry comes standard with ½” case construction, and ¾” is optional.
- We use dado construction and wood corner block braces for reinforcement.
- Custom cabinetry is constructed using wood glue and clamps for sturdy and reliable strength. We do not use hot melt adhesives.
- Cabinet doors come standard with high-quality Blum concealed soft-close door hinges to sustain repeated opening and closing.
- Framed cabinetry is finished after construction to improve build quality.
- Premium drawer boxes come standard with 5/8” 4-sided dovetail, smooth sanded joinery in solid wood, 1/8” rounded edges, 1/4” or 3/8” captured plywood bottoms, with a natural clear coat finish. Drawer boxes are available in Beech, Cherry, Maple, and Walnut.
- True flush finished sides are standard, along with multiple decorative side options.
- Seamless cabinetry with transoms included are available up to 120” tall.
- Enjoy a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
The inside of our cabinetry is built to function just as well as it looks.
- The interiors are clear-finished natural maple.
- The shelving is adjustable and constructed from a 3/4” veneer core plywood with wood edge banding.
- Premium dovetailed drawer boxes are available in various species, including beech, walnut, maple, and cherry.
- Premium dovetailed drawer boxes come standard with Blumotion soft-close under-mounted full-extension glides with 75-lb to 150-lb capacity.
- We offer custom cutlery, utensil dividers, and extensive cabinet organization accessories.
- Natural Walnut cabinet interiors are available as a customization option.
Your Dream Custom Cabinetry Is Just a Phone Call Away
As you can see, you have many decisions when choosing custom cabinetry. When you work with a Wellsford Dealer, you get more than just a beautiful, one-of-a-kind finished product; you receive a team throughout your entire project, ensuring you get precisely what you want and need. Locate a Wellsford Dealer in your local area to get started on your dream custom cabinetry project.